CODALC POLICIES 2007-2010
1. To grow in the true spirit of Dominican democracy, making sure there is an atmosphere of freedom and co-responsibility in the CODALC Coordination team.
2. To animate a Dominican religious life that is mystical and prophetic, encouraging a humanization process in people and structures so that re-foundation of Religious life can occur.
3. To develop awareness of gender and other differences, with emphasis on the specific contribution of women to the transformation of structures.
4. To promote an alternative presence that witnesses to another kind of world being possible, committing ourselves to goodness, truth, peace, justice and the care of creation.
5. To develop the formation of "subjects" who have an alternative outlook, protagonists of a different history.
6. To grow in greater depth and fluidity in our inter-communication and internal dialogue in CODALC, with other branches of the Dominican Family and with the men and women of our time.
7. To encourage common projects with the other branches of the Dominican Family.
8. To base our theological practice on the discovery and relationship to the Mystery, cultivating self-knowledge and the experience of life incarnated in the reality of peoples, by means of mystical, political and prophetic gestures.
9. To continue strengthening our preaching in order to recover and restore awareness and the importance of the word, opting for life, justice, hope and liberation in option for the poor.
10. To encourage the practice of economic solidarity among ourselves and with other branches of the Dominican family.
11. To be aware of the need and importance of paying our dues as an expression of the sense of belonging to CODALC.
Approved in XII CODALC Assembly – Lima 31 January 2007
PRIORITIES CODALC 2007-2010
1. SET FREE FEMININE PREACHING SO THAT IT SHINES LIKE A TORCH AND IS A PROPHETIC VOICE AMONG OUR PEOPLES.
1. To strengthen co-responsibility and inter-communication by means of networking.
2. To promote and work for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation at different levels: Congregations, countries, zones, CODALC, Dominican Family, in common projects.
3. Tofind new ways of preaching to the poorest people and from their perspective.
4. To ensure cooperative solidarity between brothers, sisters, laity Dominican Youth Movement and nuns.
5. To be aware, accept and value the body as a source and means of preaching and communication.
6. To generate in each zone processes for forming itinerant preaching teams.
7. To share experiences of zone teams in the website for mutual enrichment and affirmation.
2. TO STRENGTHEN COMMUNICATION AND DIALOGUE WITHIN CODALC, THE FEDERATIONS AND ZONES IN ORDER TO INCREASE THE SENSE OF BELONGING AND OF FAMILY WITH OPPORTUNE AND EFFICICACIOUS INFORMATION
1. The coordination team will create a communications team which will be responsible for:
updating the list of e-mail addresses, whether congregational or personal.
Initiate a listserve
Draw up a directory of addresses
Initiate and maintain the website
2. Prepare a list of translators who would try to ensure communication in various languages.
3. The presidents of Federations and secretariats should send a report each year to the coordinator of the zone about the activities related to the CODALC priorities.
3. TO PROMOTE TRAINING AND FORMATION IN THE DIFFERENT AREAS OF INTELLECTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND POPULAR WISDOM, WHICH TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE CARE AND DEFENCE OF LIFE AS A GIFT OF GOD AND IN RESPONSE TO THE CRIES OF OUR PEOPLES, AND OUR CHARISM
1. To share information on the Website about our practices in relation to: human rights, ecology, Bible, Integral Health, HIV/Aids, alternative economic solidarity, formation, Mass media.
2. To share formative material in order to train us in areas such as Ecology, HIV/ Aids, alternative and solidarity economy.
3. To promote meeting for workshops on the above themes.
4. To continue with the meetings for Human Sciences, Theologians, Artists, Education for Peace, Preaching, Seminars for Justice and Peace, etc.
5. To encourage, motivate and sensitize ourselves to join and participate in world campaigns in defense of life.
Approved in XII CODALC Assembly Lima – 31 January 2007